I am humbled that Julie over at Peanut Butter & Julie bloghas bestowed this cool award on me. Sure I’ve been tagged for meme’s before but I’ve never received an award from a fellow blogger so a big THANK YOU!!! to Julie. Not only did Julie award me the Arte y Pico award but she had some kind words to say about The Average Cook. I encourage you to visit her blog, it’s a wonderful foodie site, with ever-changing content and great recipes. I read a lot of blogs but there are only a small handful I actually copy recipes down from and this is one of them. And she’s got a little bit of Jersey Girl in her!
And I’m also giving Julie credit for the explaination of this award I’ve pulled directly from her post:
The Arte y Pico award is given to those who are creative and have a penchant for art. The responsibilities that go with this award are as follows:
- Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
- Each award needs to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
- Each award winner (upon acceptance) should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
- Each winner should show a link to the Arte y Pico blog, so that everyone will know the origin of this award.
- The rules of the Arte y Pico should be displayed.
I’ve decided to make my selections all Jersey Girls :):
Caviar and Codfish – Robin, a fellow NJ blogger, is not only a great cook with fabulous food pictures, but is a great writer! Her pics should seriously be in a magazine.
Jersey Bites – Deb is another Jersey Girl. Not only does she run a great blog at Jersey Bites, but she has another great site, Jersey Biters, that I’ve mentioned on here before. It’s a web community to discuss what else but food…cooking, eating out, etc.
Exit 117a – Marilyn’s site focuses on a little bit of everything Jersey, but there are a ton of restaurant reviews on there for us foodies. She too has a web community over at Bayshore Friendsto discuss all things Bayshore (here’s a linkto define Bayshore).
Thanks to these three chics for providing me good reads!