1. I’m on a low-carb diet. Yup, you wouldn’t know it from some of my posts, but due to doctor’s orders a few months ago, I’ve been following a low-carb diet (not Atkins) for the last few months. Diabetes runs in my family and they are concerned I could get it as well if I don’t watch my sugar intake. But, I do admit that on the weekends, I cheat. My gastro doctor even agreed it was the right thing to do to stay course. It stinks sometimes since I love to cook but I am learning to adjust.
2. I cannot for the life of me make up my own recipes. I’ve never been able to enter a cooking contest for this fact. I just follow other people’s recipes really well. I’m just not creative at all.
3. Until this year, I hated salmon. I must have had really bad salmon at one point because I refused to eat it. Then for some reason (probably hunger) while at Costco one day, I tried a free sample of their stuffed salmon and LOVED it. Since then, I’ve been buying and cooking salmon and even ordering it out.
4. I am addicted to Ralph’s Italian Ices. I vow to try every one of their flavors. My current favorite is coconut raspberry tart.
5. I am also addicted to avocados. I think they are the best thing since sliced bread. I want to eat them all the time, but oh, the carbs and fat. Lower carb and good fat, but not a good idea to eat all the time. Personal favorite way to eat: plain or with a BLT.
6. My favorite restaurant in New Jersey is The Mad Batter in Cape May. Breakfast, lunch or dinner it’s sooo good. I even had my rehearsal dinner there before my wedding. I always eat there when I visit. The Croustade on the Breakfast menu is my usual: scrambled eggs, roasted pepper and garlic, with green onions, sausage and pepper jack cheese served over brioche with home fries. See my Cape May post for pictures.
7. My favorite restaurant outside of New Jersey: Le Cellier in Walt Disney World. Considering, I almost never vacation anywhere outside of WDW, I am a little biased. Le Cellier is a Canadian Steakhouse in Epcot. The Cheddar Cheese Soup, the pretzel breadsticks, and the best filet mignon I’ve had in my entire life. yum.
There, my first meme. I’d tag other bloggers, but I don’t really know any!